10 Things Making Me Smile This Week
Thanks for joining me for this 10 Things Making Me Smile This Week post.
Thanks for joining me for another edition of 10 Things Making Me Smile This Week. Each week I find so many things that make me excited, and I just want to share them with everyone, but then ultimately, I only share them with a few friends and family. Well, welcome to my friends and family. My goal is to share this stuff with you every Monday…
I never used to think of myself as a winter person. I lived in the suburbs most of my life and winter meant driving on ice, lots of shoveling, scraping ice off of windshields, and living through months of dirty snow mounds everywhere.
That was then. The photo you see above is now. Now that I live in New York City and I have Central Park as my backyard, I can find joy in winter. Walking in fresh fallen snow is one of life’s simple pleasures. And because New York is such a great walking city, I don’t have to deal with driving anywhere. And no shoveling! And really, just look how pretty it can be…
Here are 10 things making me smile this week
1. Pancakes. It’s pancake season for sure. And, as soon as I saw these paleo pancakes, I knew I had to make them.
2. In my house, we are trying to be environmentally conscious. This list of the best reusable items on Amazon, is awesome.
3. If you live near New York City or are planning a trip, you must see this magic show — Steve Cohen is an incredible magician and a mentalist. I saw it this week and it is amazing! It’s an interesting concept. The show is in the beautifully ornate Palace Hotel and when you buy tickets you have to check a box agreeing to come in cocktail attire. It’s a throwback to old time flare and sophistication. Honestly, as I was getting dressed, I was a little annoyed that I had to put real clothes on, but OMG, it was so worth it!
4. Lattes. All types. Beet, turmeric, rose, green tea… And, part of the fun is mixing and matching all of the awesome dairy-free milks available now. Have you tried macadamia nut milk? It was a new one for me. Here’s an overview of some of the best plant based milks you can try.
5. This article saluting 50 badass women who are changing the world is so inspirational.
6. A good tea mug makes me really happy. This is my favorite tea mug.
7. I love a great organizational tool. If you are looking for a really easy way to keep all of your to-do lists, folders — and really everything on your computer — organized, you have to try Trello. Just google them — a life changer!
8. I have to make this salad!
9. And I’m obsessed with one of my own recipes this week: Chickpea Penne With Arugula Pesto… it’s perfect as I sit inside and watch the snow.
10. This quote from Heidi Klum:
Thanks for joining me for this 10 Things Making Me Smile This Week post. Be sure to write in and let me know what’s making you smile.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!